1. Have your own money (because when you want to leave your husband, you can). Mother considered leaving Father. did not leave my father. Mother believed she would not be able to live independently.
2. Marriage is a business arrangement. If you are lucky, there is passion and pleasure. I don't disagree. But it's more than an arrangement. It's a partnership.
3. Don't talk behind anyone's back. If you want to yak, best talk with your mother.
1. Have your own money. It allows you to maintain your independence.
2. Marriage is a partnership. Support each other.
That's what partners do.
3. Don't get married until you are 30. Live your life, not the life you think you should live.